I met Natalie last Tuesday (Aug 1) at the Lover's Leap campground. It was great to see her again. She is super inspiring, mountain guiding Shasta and climbing Tahoe on her days off. She led "The Line" (5.9) and "Haystack" via "Preparation H" (5.8) in a day (1200 feet total). I was super nervous on the first few pitches cuz I haven't touched real rock in a long time. The day was perfect and she led beautifully. We ate dinner and went for a walk. We came to a bridge and oddly enough, someone had carved "Ryan & Natalie" in the railing. The next day, we drove to Truckee, she had an interview at NorthStar and I walked around. Then we ran around Donner Lake (8 miles) and of course she totally kicked my ass. We ate lunch on a public pier on a beautiful afternoon and parted ways. Super awesome weekend.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Lover's Leap - Tahoe
I met Natalie last Tuesday (Aug 1) at the Lover's Leap campground. It was great to see her again. She is super inspiring, mountain guiding Shasta and climbing Tahoe on her days off. She led "The Line" (5.9) and "Haystack" via "Preparation H" (5.8) in a day (1200 feet total). I was super nervous on the first few pitches cuz I haven't touched real rock in a long time. The day was perfect and she led beautifully. We ate dinner and went for a walk. We came to a bridge and oddly enough, someone had carved "Ryan & Natalie" in the railing. The next day, we drove to Truckee, she had an interview at NorthStar and I walked around. Then we ran around Donner Lake (8 miles) and of course she totally kicked my ass. We ate lunch on a public pier on a beautiful afternoon and parted ways. Super awesome weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment