Thursday, February 18, 2010

Eagle, CO

2/17/2010

Rolled into Eagle yesterday evening. Drove through Denver and then up I-70 with my weighted down car barely eaking out 55mph most of the way. It's made this trip before when I moved from WI to AZ in 2003. So, seven years have passed, and I arrived at Steve and Gaylyn Johnson's house. I've known Steve for 17 years, and used to get into all kinds of trFouUblNe. Only this time, something was different. I was greeted at the door by two funny little people named Madalyn (4) and Miles (2). Great kids, hilarious! Both Gaylyn and Steve work FT, so they have a live-in nanny that helps out, Taiese from Brazil. She is awesome with the kids. Within 5 minutes of arriving, I had a 7&7 and dinner in front of me. We played some guitar hero, swapped music, and watched funny vids on youtube. Good times!

Today, explored Eagle which is an awesome little town, went for a jog, poached Best Western's gym, ate pulled pork for dinner, drank great beer, watched Olympics (half-pipe), and flew Steve's new remote control helicopter. It's Miles' b-day Monday, so Steve bought toys...and one for himself. Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment