Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm Back

Let's go to THAT island!


I'm back on the horse. Someone told me I now have my "Boquete Boots" on. I hope so, and I'm not lookin' for a new pair for awhile. Four days of being sick sucks. I heard the locals are also getting this, so it must just be the flu of some sort.

Great day at the office yesterday, added some really nice properties to the portfolio. Got some business cards, not exactly correct, so my support is fixing it, but it's nice to have some cards for legitimacy. I have real estate signs now, shirts and office coming, and apparently an extra company crackberry. Funny to think I've lasted this long in life without one, including selling real estate in California for three years, yet I'll be leashed to my first in none other than rural Panama.

I'm still on the lookout for a vehicle after testing a couple. The longer I wait, the more I learn about what's best to buy. The main issue is parts, and selecting a vehicle with accessible parts is hard to find. Toyota, Hyundai, or Nissan are the only cars I'm looking at now, but only certain years of each make/model have parts that are available here. If you buy otherwise, you could wait two weeks or a month to get your car back from the shop. This of course means a more expensive vehicle.

I went climbing with Cesar this morning in perfect weather (first clear sky in days, breezy, 75 degrees). We warmed up on a few 5.10s and went to my new project, "Stairway to Heaven," a 5.12c. It went much better today, I just need to link a few sections and I'll get it. I'm now mixing silt with the little chalk I have left.

Again I have the hostel to myself. There was a small party here tonight to celebrate Brian's first night off as a new father (Karinsa's husband). Maru and Fred came over and we swapped youtube vids. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Patty and I are catching up on your travels and having storytime in the office. Drew (and Pretze) are out on PTO... we miss you!

    ReplyDelete