The next day, John and I hiked the Pianista trail and got incredibly muddy. Here I am clearing some debris with my mini-machete from my first cloud forest listing.
We then hiked into town for lunch and visited El Explorador, the funky little garden. John found a new friend.
Everything in this garden is alive!
John and I attended a charity event that night. One of the raffle prizes was a rafting trip which we wanted to do anyway. We both decided one of us would win that trip, so we entered, and John won so we split the cost for me to go. The next day, we went on our river trip down an amazing stretch of river. It had at least 40 rapids class 3 and 4. On the way, our guide spotted a stranded Ant-eater on the face of a sheer cliff, so he rescued the little guy by prying him off the rock, and floating him down-river to the shoreline. Our guide got a little cut up from the Ant-eater claws, but not too bad.
Ant-eater rescue!

No comments:
Post a Comment