Saturday, January 16, 2010

Off to AZ

January 14

I packed the rest of my stuff and hit the road at 10am from SLC. I was VERY careful driving through Southern Utah because I had a bad experience with police there several years ago. They like to harass out-of-staters, and with my car loaded along with skies and bike on the roof and California license plate, I was a sure target. Everything went smoothely though and I drove like a Grandpa. The drive was stunning around the Lake Powell area. Getting to Flagstaff felt strange. I didn't recognize much at night coming from the East side of town. I was later told there was an onramp added and several businesses (including my favorite little Mexican place) were bulldozed. I arrived at the house of Tieke and Lee, the same two roommates in the same house I left 3 years ago to go to California. I'm even staying in my old room! It is great seeing them again! Benning and I drank beer and played Star Wars, which was a common night time activity when I lived here.

No comments:

Post a Comment